Reading for discussion 1
Haron, S. H. A., & Ramlan, R. (2015). Patient Process Flow Improvement: Value Stream Mapping. Journal of Management Research, 7(2), 495-505. Retrieved from http://macrothink.org/journal/index.php/jmr/article/download/6988/5793
Blumenthal, D. (2012). Performance improvement in health care—seizing the moment. New England Journal of Medicine, 366(21), 1953-1955. Retrieved from http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmp1203427
Hughes, R. (2008). Tools and Strategies for Quality Improvement and Patient Safety. Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK2682/
Organizational performance issues are global; they are not unique to our country or the health care industry. As society becomes more technologically adept, telemedicine programs will become the norm rather than the exception. Health care providers are forced to adapt. Nursing and provider shortages open the door for professional staff to enter and work in other countries using visas. The staff takes with them new ideas and processes for improvement.
From the definitions and information shared thus far, in your own words define quality in health care and the standards in quality and performance that you would measure. Make sure your definition integrates content from background material and you cite the source(s).
Cite your source(s) and respond to the response below.
Quality in healthcare is care that is safe, effective, patient-centered, timely, efficient, and equitable. Quality of care is the degree to which health services for individuals and populations increase the likelihood of desired health outcomes (ODPHP, n.d).
The standards in quality are based on the way that an organization uses to assess and compare the quality of health care by using the structure, process, or outcome measure. Structural measures give consumers a sense of a health care provider’s capacity, systems, and processes to provide high-quality care ( AHRQ, n.d). Process measures indicate what a provider does to maintain or improve health, either for healthy people or for those diagnosed with a health care condition. Outcome measures reflect the impact of the health care service or intervention on the health status of patients( AHRQ, n.d). Outcome measures may seem to represent the “gold standard” in measuring quality, but an outcome is the result of numerous factors, many beyond providers’ control. Risk-adjustment methods—mathematical models that correct for differing characteristics within a population, such as patient health status—can help account for these factors.
AHRQ. (n.d.). Types of health care quality measures. AHRQ. https://www.ahrq.gov/talkingquality/measures/types.html.
ODPHP. (n.d.). About Health Care Quality. About health care quality. https://health.gov/our-work/health-care-quality/about-health-care-quality.
Reading for discussion 2
Section 14. SWOT Analysis: Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats. (n.d.). Retrieved June 06, 2017, from http://ctb.ku.edu/en/table-of-contents/assessment/assessing-community-needs-and-resources/swot-analysis/main
Attach a PowerPoint presentation (no more than 4 slides) with at least 3 items per SWOT area within Amazon.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.