In the Case Study Wiki, post answers to the following questions from Chapter 11 in the Cohen text. (You will be assigned one to three of the questions below.)
Read and analyze Cohen’s Chapter 11: “Cambodia: Revising the Land Law” as if you are giving a news report. Post a brief summary of the issues mentioned below, as if you were a news reporter for legislative/political updates for Cambodia.
a. Define civil society.
b. Describe the Khmer Rouge and their “Pol Pot” policy.
c. Describe factors that contributed to a lawless legal system in Cambodia.
d. Describe the process of indigenization during the 1990s.
e. Explain the advocacy efforts initiated by the government agency Ministry of Rural Development (MRD).
f. Describe the risks faced by government officials who advocate for more transparent and participatory government.
g. How many rural families were affected by land disputes?
h. Why do so few rural families hold title documents for their land?
i. Outline the three major concerns that motivated Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and United Nations (UN) programs to become involved in the land-law revision process.
j. What were the NGOs’ approaches to influencing land law?
k. Explain how the Land Law Working Group (LLWG) and Shaun Williams influenced the Cambodian government to open the law-law review process to civil society.
l. Once the land-law review process was open to input from civil society, what campaign efforts did the LLWG develop?
m. What problems did Williams discover contributed to the landlessness in one village increasing from 0% to 35%?
n. What was the result of the meeting between Non-Timber Forest Products group (NTFP) and Comité International pour le Dévelopment et la Solidarité Européen (CIDSE)?
o. How is the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) approach of advocacy different from the LLWG?
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.