InstructionsComparative Essay DraftWrite a 750-1000 word essay about a pair of items in which the similarities
and differences of those items are compared and contrasted in the style
described within Unit III. Please note that the Comparative Essay Final will be
due in Unit IV of this course. However, you should complete the entire paper
in this draft and do your best work as you will have more applicable
feedback from which to make changes to your essay for the final draft.Purpose: Throughout Unit III, we have discussed the conventions of the
comparative essay. The purpose of this assignment is to measure your mastery of
those conventions by putting your knowledge into practice. In a larger
context, the purpose of writing a comparative essay is to gain the skills of
detecting similarities and differences between at least two items and then
using those similarities and differences to create knowledge about either
one or both of the items. In this way, the comparative essay is a tool
used for both observation and analysis.Process: For the comparative essay, you will complete the following
steps:Choose a pair of topics that complement one another: See the suggested
list of topics in the “Comparative Essay
Topics Handout” below in the
supplemental documents portion of these
instructions.Create a list of similarities and differences: See Unit III, Lesson 2, for
more instruction about how to create a
list.Create a thesis statement based on similarities, differences, or both
similarities and differences: See Unit III,
Lesson 3, for more information about
how to create a thesis statement.Choose whether to organize your essay by point or by subject: For an essay
organized by point, see Unit III,
Lesson 4, and the “Comparative Essay
Example: Essay Organized by Point” below. For an essay
organized by subject, see Unit III, Lesson
5, and the “Comparative Essay Example: Essay
Organized by Subject” below.Consult the “Comparative Essay: Final Self-Check List” below before
submission.Stylistic details: All essays must meet the following requirements:750-1000 words.Write in Times New Roman, 12 pt. font.Include one-inch margins on all sides.Use double spacing (top-to-bottom every page, to include above and below
titles and centered words).Include an APA title page (for all essays) and reference list that
includes all of the sources used in the
essay.Include a header.Include page numbers (upper-right corner only).Adhere to APA convention and documentation style (See the CSU citation guide for assistance.).At least one source is required. All sources used must be cited.The following documents will assist you in creating this assignment:Comparative Essay Topics HandoutComparative Essay Self-check ListComparative Essay Example: Essay Organized by SubjectComparative Essay Example: Essay Organized by
The following resource(s) may help you with this assignment.
Submit Writing Center RequestHow can information literacy help me with the research process?
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.