This module’s content focuses on the nature of race relations in the United States and globally. Write a 2- to 3-page paper (500 to 825 words) in APA format in which you use sociological theories of social stratification to explain race relations domestically and internationally. Be sure to compare the social stratification system in the United States to that of at least two additional countries in your paper. Cite and use at least one additional outside source for this paper. Your paper must address the following: 1. Drawing upon the Module 4 materials and one outside source, explain how the stratification system is different between the United States and at least one other country. Be sure to use concepts from your reading in your response. 2. Based upon your understanding of the stratification system in the United States, examine why inequality impacts some racial groups (ethnic minorities, for example) more than others. For example, is it because of racism or some other form of discrimination? Explain. 3. Provide and analyze one important example of the impact economic inequality has on one racial group in the United States. For example, how do the rates of crime and unemployment, levels of education, and amount of income differ for African Americans in comparison to the larger population? 4. Finally, describe what you think are the implications of achieving a truly “color-blind” society in the United States. For example, how do we, as a society, achieve a careful balance in which we recognize and appreciate ethnic differences on one hand, but still have a unified American population?Reading Material.Read Chapters 9, 10, and 11 in Griffiths, Keirns, Strayer, Cody-Rydzewski, Scaramuzzo, Sadler, Vyain, Bry, and Jones, Introduction to Sociology.Hobson, M. (2014, May 5). Color blind or color brave? [TED Talks].
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.