Write a report (maximum 1,250 words, including any references) to inform an association of SMEs (small and medium-sized enterprises) of the significance of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 for their business practices and policies.
Unformatted Attachment Preview
Write a report (maximum 1,250 words, including any references) to inform an association of SMEs
(small and medium-sized enterprises) of the significance of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 for
their business practices and policies.
The Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 is an important piece of legislation for businesses. It places
significant obligations on retailers, manufacturers and service providers, including importers and
distributers. Businesses which are unaware of these obligation could find themselves in breach of
the law and facing legal claims by unsatisfied consumers.
It is therefore important for students entering the world of business and commerce to be aware of
these obligations and understand how businesses need to act and respond to customers on the
basis of these obligations.
It is important for businesses to know:
Who the CGA applies to
The definition of a consumer
What guarantees are given to consumers
What rights customers/consumers have when they are unsatisfied with the goods or
5. Whether, and in what circumstances, it is possible to contract out of the CGA
6. The practical consequences of the CGA for business practices
This assignment presents an opportunity to review a piece of legislation that is relevant and
important for business practices, understand that legislation and practically apply that legislation
in a business context.
C. DETAILS OF THE TASK
In your report, you should cover the 6 issues listed above. Please note that assignment is
intended to highlight a best practice approach for businesses and so the final issue is of particular
The report should refer to the key sections in the CGA which can be found online at
In addition the following websites might be helpful:
You are welcome to find information from other sources as well.
Your report should:
Set out the obligations and implications for the GCA in a logical flow. The report should be both
legally accurate and user friendly for owners and managers of SMEs.
Include key references to the CGA, but do this in a way that does not overwhelm the reader. If a
person reading your report wants to understand the details of the legislation they can look it up
using the reference you give them.
Make sure you highlight the practical implications of the CGA – i.e. what a SME has to do to
comply with the obligations contained in the CGA.
Accurate and comprehensive presentation of CGA obligations:
Who the CGA applies to (8 marks)
The definition of a consumer (12 marks)
What guarantees are given to consumers (10 marks)
What rights customers/consumers have when they are unsatisfied with the goods or services
Whether, and in what circumstances, it is possible to contract out of the CGA (10 marks)
Practical consequences of the CGA for business practices (20 marks)
Ease of understanding (10 marks)
Structure and logical flow (10 marks)
Spelling and grammar (10 marks)
E. FORMATTING ETC
1.5 “paragraph spacing”
Insert Page Numbers
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.