Read “Women in U.S. History,” (4 pages) attached. This provides a very-brief overview of how women fit into the Colonies and through the history of the United States. The reading will provide you with some important context for understanding the two videos linked below. The first video gives a short history of Alice Paul and her involvement in the American women’s suffrage movement, and how she contributed to its eventual success. The second video provides some context for what life was like for women in the U.S. during the Cold War, and shows the causes and consequences of Second Wave Feminism. Be sure to take notes for the reading and the two videos as you will answer questions about them for the writing. Alice Stokes Paul the Women’s Suffrage Movement (5 minutes)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjYtacfcgPU&t=1sWomen in the USA ca. 1940s to 1980s (20 minutes)https://youtu.be/gGg6OUFGapkFor the writing, answer the questions below regarding First Wave Feminism (aka the Women’s Suffrage Movement) and Second Wave Feminism, based on the attached reading and videos above:
What is implied by the slogan of the British suffrage activist family, the Pankhursts, “Deeds, not words”?
In what specific ways did the gender understanding of separate spheres limit the rights of American women?
What do you think Alice Paul meant by the term “ordinary equality”?
What people and factors contributed to the appearance of Second Wave Feminism?
Please answer with a numbered list. There are no word count limits or other formatting requirements to this assignment. You don’t have to write long answers, they depend on logic, completeness and understanding of the sources.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.