You should type your responses to each question immediately below the question or when there are letters, such as A, B, etc. then you should type your response immediately below that part of the question using the regular black font and Times New Roman 12. Also, immediately below your answer to EACH numbered question you are to list all references you used to answer that question. Therefore, there should be four sets of references – one set for each question.
Any deviation from the above instructions will result in an additional loss of points.
Each of the four questions are valued at 25 points.
1. Discuss the relevance of the human factor in the design and development of information systems. (The systems development methodology is not relevant in your response and therefore is NOT to be discussed). Do not respond with one big, long paragraph (blob of writing). Respond with several meaningful paragraphs. Follow with references for your response to question no 1. References for your response to number 1 should immediately follow you response to number 1.
2a) List (list only in 2a) the four different conversion strategies used when implementing an information system.
Respond to 2a here.
b) Discuss the advantages of each conversion strategy.
Respond to 2b here. (Discuss the advantages of each conversion strategy only in 2b – write one paragraph (for a total of four paragraphs) about the advantages of each conversion strategy. The first paragraph is to be about the advantages of conversion strategy number 1, a second paragraph about the advantages of conversion strategy number 2, e third paragraph about the advantages of conversion strategy number 3, and a fourth paragraph about the advantages of conversion strategy number 4.
c) Discuss the disadvantages of each conversion strategy only in 2c.
Respond to 2c here. (Discuss the disadvantages of each conversion strategy only in 2b – write one paragraph (for a total of four paragraphs) about the disadvantages of each conversion strategy. The first paragraph is to be about the disadvantages of conversion strategy number 1, a second paragraph is to be about the disadvantages of conversion strategy number 2, e third paragraph about the disadvantages of conversion strategy number 3, and a fourth paragraph about the disadvantages of conversion strategy number 4.
References used for your response to number 2 should immediately follow your response to number 2.
3. Draw the two Data Flow Diagrams as explained below. (25 points)
Use software to draw these DFDs. Do not draw/sketch them by hand. These two DFD diagrams are to be copied/embedded into this Microsoft Word Final Exam file. Make sure each DFD is large enough so I can read each one of them.
Breakfast City has an automated order system to record orders for breakfast sandwiches and platters. When regular customers call Breakfast City on the phone, they are asked their phone number. When the number is typed into a computer, the name, address, and last order date is automatically brought up on the screen. Once the order is taken, the total, including tax and delivery, is calculated. Then the order is given to the cook. A receipt is printed. Occasionally, special offers (coupons) are printed so the customer can get a discount. Drivers who make deliveries give customers a copy of the receipt and a coupon (if any). Daily totals are kept for comparison with last year’s performance. A summary of business activities for taking an order at Breakfast City is as follows:
3a. Draw a context-level data flow diagram for Breakfast City.
3b. Explode the above context-level diagram by drawing the logical data flow diagram 0 showing all the major processes using the following items:
The following Processes, Data Stores, and Entities are to be used when drawing your DFDs.
(1) Find and display customer record
(2) Take customer order
(3) Send order to cook
(4) Print customer receipt
(5) Deliver customer order
(6) Print weekly totals
(1) Customer Master
(2) Product File
(4) Sales history
(4) Delivery Person
4. Draw the Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) as explained below. Be sure to show cardinality in both directions using Crows Foot notation. Do NOT include the fields/attributes or keys for each entity. Points will be deducted if fields/attributes and/or keys are included in the ERD. Do not include any additional entities and/or relationships to your ERDs than what is described below.
Use software to draw the following ERD. Do not draw/sketch it by hand. The ERD is to be embedded/copied into your final exam Microsoft Word file. You are NOT to submit a separate file for this ERD. Make sure it is large enough so I can read it.
Sunnydale College is divided into several schools: Law, Police Science, Technology. Each SCHOOL is administered by a dean who is a PROFESSOR. Each professor can be the dean of only one school and a professor is not required to be the dean of any school.
Each school comprises several departments. For example, the school of technology has a forensic science department, a cyber security department, a database department, and a zoom department. The smallest number of departments operated by a school is one, and the largest number of departments is many (indeterminate). On the other hand, each DEPARTMENT belongs to only a single school. That is, the minimum number of schools to which a department belongs is one, as is the maximum number.
Each department may offer courses. For example, the database department offers courses such as Introduction to Database, Microsoft Access, and Oracle. If Sunnydale College had some departments that were classified as “research only” they would not offer courses; therefore, the COURSE entity would be optional to the DEPARTMENT entity.
A CLASS is a section of a COURSE. That is, a department may offer several sections (classes) of the same database course. Each of those classes is taught by a professor at a given time in a given place. CLASS is optional to COURSE.
Each department should have one or more professors assigned to it. One and only one of those professors chairs the department, and no professor is required to accept the chair position. Therefore, DEPARTMENT is optional to PROFESSOR in the “chairs” relationship.
Each professor may teach up to three classes; each class is a section of a course. A professor may also be on a research contract and teach no classes at all.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.