Chapter 10 – Review the section on the IT leader in the digital transformation era.
1. Note how IT professionals and especially leaders must transform their thinking to adapt to the constantly changing organizational climate.
2. What are some methods or resources leaders can utilize to enhance their change attitude?
Remember the APA cover page and the references (if required) do not count towards the page length**Note the first assignment should be in one section and the second section should have the information from the Information Technology and Organizational Learning assignment. The paper requirements for the two-pages applies to the second part of the assignment directly related to the Information Technology and Organizational Learning assignment.
School of Computer & Information Sciences
ITS-631- Operational Excellence
Chapter 10 – Information Technology and Organizational Learning
Digital transformation is defined as the changes associated with the applications of digital technology within every of human society
The challenge becomes how to get IT more engaged with the buyer community
Review the six approaches for IT to be more engaged:
Third-party market analysis/reporting
Consumer support departments
Requirements without Users and Input
Technology generates change called digital disruption
Challenge in disruption is the inability to predict the consumers wants and needs
Graphic depiction of the relationship between technology advancements and market needs (figure 10.2)
Porter’s Five Forces
Langer’s Driver/ Supporter model
Figure 10.6 depicts the life cycle of any application or product
Organizational Learning and the S-curve
When designing a new application or system, the status of that product’ s S-curve should be carefully correlated to the source of the requirements.
S-curve analysis (Table 10.3)
IT Leader in Digital Transformation Era
The IT leader must become more innovative.
Quality requirements will be even more complex
Dynamic interaction among users and business teams will require the creation of multiple layers of communities of practice.
Application analysis, design, and development must be treated and managed as a living process; that is, it never ends until the product is obsolete (supporter end). So, products must continually develop to maturity.
Organizations should never outsource a driver technology until it reaches supporter status.
How Technology Disrupts Firms and Industries
The world economy is transforming rapidly from an analogue to a digital-based technology-driven society. This transformation requires businesses to move from a transactional relationship to one that that is “interactional”
Dynamism and Digital Disruption
how to can anticipate the unexpected threats brought on by technological advances that can devastate their business.
There are typically two disruption factors:
A new approach to providing products and services to the consumer.
A strategy not previously feasible, now made possible using new technological capabilities.
Critical Components of Digital Organizations
Unified digital platform
Business and IT integration
Assimilating Digital Technology Operationally and Culturally
Organizations must create a new architecture when implementing digital technologies.
Companies must recognize that speed and comfort of service can be more important than just the cost.
Empower workforce to try new ideas without over controls.
Allow employees and customer to have choice of devices.
Organizations who force staff to adhere to strict processes and support structures are exposed to digital disruption.
Langer, A. M. (2018). Information Technology and Organizational Learning. 3rd edition. Taylor & Francis Group, LLC. ISBN: 978-1-138-23858-9
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.