1) Pick your jazz artist: choose one jazz artist from the below list2) Write one paragraph proposal (about five sentences), stating the artist’s
name and location, and informational website. Include a brief description
artist’s music and genre/s, what you expect to find, and what interests you about this artist. ———————————————————————————————————————————————————–Sample Artist Report Proposal:The artist I will research is Nicole Mitchell, a flutist and composer who is currently based in Pittsburgh, PA. She is a member of the AACM and considers herself a practitioner of “creative music”. Because of her association with the AACM, I expect her work to compare with [genre] artists like [names]. I expect to hear [elements of her particular genre or sub-genre]. I’m interested in Mitchell’s music because I’m also a flutist and composer. For my project, I will focus on Mitchell’s 2017 recording, Liberation Narratives. I’m planning to view her livestreaming concert on Thursday, May 15 at 4:00 PM, PST. https://nicolemitchell.bandcamp.com/album/liberation-narratives————————————————————————————————————————————————————-Below is a list of a few other living “jazz” artists that aren’t mentioned in the syllabus. Google them
for information and websites. Many also do pop or folksy material; focus on their
jazz/improvisational collaborations for this project.
Choose one from the list.1. Andy Milne and/or Dapp Theory – Jazz with spoken word2. Flying Lotus’s collaborations with jazz musicians 3. Hitomi Oba – Saxophonist4. Imani uzuri – Vocalist (focus on jazz-oriented material) 5. James Newton – Flutist – Jazz is Dead – Grateful Dead-influenced jazz band 6. Jazzmeia Horn – Vocalist 7. Jen Shyu – Multi-instrumentalist, specializes in Asian Diasporic music and dance8. Lizz Wright – Vocalist (focus on more jazz-oriented material, if available) 9. Maria Schneider Big Band 10. Nicole Mitchell – Flutist 11. Richard Bona – Bassist, vocalist (focus on jazz material) 12. Shana Tucker – Cellist, vocalist (focus on jazz material) 13. Snarky Puppy – Fusion 14. Somi – Vocalist of Rwandan and Ugandan descent 15. Take 6 – Focus on songs from live performances that feature improvisation16. Terrence Blanchard – Trumpet and film-composer; has new opera 17. Thundercat (Stephen Bruner – (focus only on collaborations with live musicians) 18. Trombone Shorty – New Orleans-based musician (focus on jazz-oriented material) 19. Val Inc (Val Jeanty) – Haitian-American Electronic Musician and percussionist; focus on
collaborations with jazz musicians 20. Vardan Ovsepian – pianist 21. West Coast Get Down (Any of the following individuals or combinations: Brandon Coleman,
Cameron Graves, Miles Mosley, Patrice Quinn, Ryan Porter, etc.)
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.