Single men are the largest group of people that experience homelessness. Many reasons lead to homelessness among men. For instance, systematic issues such as low vacancy rates, inadequate supply of social housing and high rents, an inadequate system of treating addiction, and inadequate economic and social support prevent families’ breakdown (Single men, n.d.). Also, individuals with mental issues lack funding and support programs (McQuistion et al., 2014).
Besides, a recent study in Canada has shown that the men population have higher chances of developing mental illnesses, and disability. This also includes invisible disabilities such as Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD), and brain injury (Single men, n.d.). The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) is an effective prevention program that could be a part of a public health initiative that would address homeless males (Homelessness programs and resources, 2019).
SAMSA programs and resources help prevent homelessness among individuals with substance use or mental disorders. The men living with issues associated with mental or substance use may need treatment, case treatment, and discharge planning. They also need social and financial support such as housing, employment, and targeted housing to prevent homelessness among men.
The high rates of homeless single men are attributed to the high unemployment rates despite the high rent price. According to the Homeless Hub (2021), 47% of homeless individuals in U.S.A during 2013 were adult men between twenty-five and fifty-five years of age. While several issues may attribute the homeless, the primary one includes unemployment. Reports show that low vacancy rates and high are some of the reasons caused homelessness among single men.
Consequently, high unemployment is one of the reasons why single men are recorded as the highest number of homeless individuals. Also, the prevalence of some addictions, and lacks social support. Romaszko et al. (2017) report that various addictions and addictive behavior are some causes of a homeless individual.
The United States government has implemented various substance abuse and mental health services administration (SAMHSA) programs that can be part of the public health initiative to address homelessness. Firstly, this program includes grant programs targeting eligible individuals at risk of homelessness (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration [SAMHSA], 2019). Secondly, the y provides mental and substance use treatment activities that enable them to prevent the mental disorders associated with homelessness stress. Therefore, the SAMHSA program can be included in the public health initiative to reduce homelessness.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.